Share this role
- Falkland Islands Government
- Falkland Islands
- Circa £120,000 with attractive benefits package
- Closing date:
- 17th February
- Job Ref:
Shape the future of an extraordinary nation
The role of Chief Executive for the Falkland Islands Government is an exciting opportunity in an unparalleled location of outstanding natural beauty. As Head of the Public Service, the Chief Executive has ultimate responsibility for overseeing sound and prudent Government and for delivering the Islands’ ambitious strategic plans. With a broad and varied remit, there is substantial responsibility and the chance to make a significant and long-lasting impact to this unique community; this opportunity is hard to beat.
As a British Overseas Territory, the Islands are independently governed and self-financing. The Islands' community is resilient and creative and seeks a truly talented individual to help create an environment where economic strength and social mobility are not purely aspirational, but manifest in solid opportunities that are open to everyone.
With an ambitious and bold outlook, you will help create the conditions that will enable investment in important social and economic priorities, programmes and services.
This is not a job for the fainthearted, but you will welcome the challenge. It calls for an exceptionally talented individual who is highly strategic, commercially astute and resilient. You will be committed to good governance and building enduring capacity throughout government. Collegiate in approach, but clear sighted on the prize, you will be rewarded with the rare chance to shape the future of an extraordinary nation.
If you have the myriad of skills and experience that this position will draw upon, please contact Michael Dobson on 020 7426 3968, Julie Myers on 07595 779915 or Matt Malone on 0113 205 6063 at our recruitment partners GatenbySanderson for an informal discussion.
How to Apply
To apply for this post you will need to submit the following documentation by no later than Monday 17 February 2020 11:59:
- A CV (no longer than two pages) setting out your career history, with key responsibilities and achievements;
- A statement of suitability (no longer than two pages) explaining how your personal skills, qualities and experience provide evidence of your suitability for the role, with particular reference to the essential criteria set out in the person specification;
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring form, this form will appear online once you have submitted your application. All monitoring data will be treated in the strictest confidence and will not affect your application in any way;
Please note the above highlighted documents are mandatory.
If you do not receive a delivery notification of your application please contact Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have the myriad of skills and experience that this position will draw upon, please contact Michael Dobson on 07891 142 325, Julie Myers on 07595 779915 or Matt Malone on 0113 205 6063 at our recruitment partners GatenbySanderson for an informal discussion.